Saturday, October 9, 2010

Firsts and lasts

first bonding day of first bonding trip in June

I was thinking about things this morning...today is the first day of my 49th year. While some others my age are grandparents, I will becoming a first time Mama. My 30th class reunion is coming up on the 30th of October and I was thinking of taking Stella and just going for the social hour and dinner. I remember kids being there in years past then I realized that that was 25 years ago!! Really? Am I that old? Or are they that old?? LOL!

Lasts....To start with, this is the last delay, I pray...I was supposed to leave Sunday but my passport/visa won't be back until tuesday. I leave on Wednesday to go back to Kaz.....Tuesday is my last day here without the sounds of a child in my house. That will be my last day that I will be missing my girl and wondering what she is doing in her baby House. That is my last day of being independent. And you know what I say to this?? Bring it on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your last's that will be. You will have your girl this week. I adopted my first on my 48th birthday (court was that day) and my second after I had just turned 50. Enjoy the experience.

Lou Ann said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!What a wonderful way to spend it. Remembering the first half of your life and anticipating your second half. The better half since it will include Stella! I am trilled that you are finally going to be a full time Mom. You both deserve each other and clearly you just had to wait until you grew up to become a mom - lol!!!

Lexie says Happy Birthday Ms Lisa!

Love ya,
Lou Ann & Lexie too

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your posts. My husband and I are waiting to start our second adoption from Kazakhstan. Your courage and love/desire for motherhood are so inspiring. God be with you in your travels and your new adventure in motherhood. My son is now 4 and how he has blessed our lives.

Lesanne said...

Dear Lisa,
Happy Happy Birthday!!! Oh my gosh...the picture of you with your little doll is beyond sweet. I'm so happy that you finally found each other. I truly believe all the time and twists and turns you took happened exactly as they had to because you were always meant to be Stellla's Mama, and Stella was always meant to be your baby.
Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness with your angel, Leslie and Julianna (home from Kaz 3 and a half years)

Jim and Michelle said...

Dear Lisa,

We are so happy to have followed along on your journey to Stella. We are so excited that on Wednesday you will be going back to get her FOREVER!

Bless you both!!!!

Looking for Sam

This is a blog of my quest to adopt a child from Kazakhstan. Enjoy!