Monday, November 12, 2007

Still not much going on......

Not much going on here, waiting on the Home Study report. I did get busy and finish the crib. I found a wonderful Pottery Barn Crib at a garage sale, it was perfect but the white had yellowed with age. So for weeks now I have been sanding and painting. I decided to stay with the white and then I distressed the edges so that you can see the wood underneath. I looks wonderful! I put it together this week and hung new curtains. Of course I don't have a mattress yet, or bedding & I don't really have a "theme". The "guest" room is now starting to look like Sam's Room!

3 comments:

Aaron and Julie said...

Aren't garage sales wonderful!! The colors in the room and the crib look great! Isn't it an amazing feeling....you are preparing a place that will soon be inhabited by a precious little one :) I pray that your process goes smoothly and moves quickly!

lisa said...

I know...I have to keep going in there to make sure it is real! By the way, LG's room looks great. Love the Palm tree. Any news on the trip back to get LG? I am still waiting on the HS report, it's been almost a month.

Matthew Ruley said...

Sam's room is beautiful - LOVE the curtains! Love garage sales and second hand stores!

Looking for Sam

This is a blog of my quest to adopt a child from Kazakhstan. Enjoy!