Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am home again......


I feel so bad to leave so many people out....soon I promise. I will share my private blog soon. I went back to Almaty on august 13th...my sweet girl Stella is doing so great...progressing like crazy! she is sitting unassisted and trying to pull up to stand. I held her hands and she stood and even did a little jig...I think...ha ha!

On August 17th I went to court and they declared me her Mama! Sweetest words I have ever heard...YES!!! There is a new Schultz in the world and even better a new daughter to a very new Mama!

Stella has grandparents, cousins, second cousins, friends and Aunts waiting for her to come home. What a very lucky little girl.

They tell me I will go back in about 45 days. Then I will have to take Stella to the SOS international clinic and then to our exit interview. Then home! I can't wait for my little love to be home in my arms and loved, hugged and kissed for every day of the rest of her life. Our life....I can't wait!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Stella. I remember that feeling so well of the Judge saying yes. Today is 3 years that a judge in Uralsk granted me the adoption of my second daughter. What a great day the 17th was for you.

Suzanne
Mom to two from Uralsk

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lisa, on your hard-won victory!

Lesanne said...

I couldn't agree with you more..."Mama" is definitely the most wonderful word in the world. Just wait until you hear your sweet Stella call you "Mama" and "Mommy". The best is yet to come!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Maureen Powers said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news!

We are finishing up our own 6-week wait until our final trip to pick up our younger son. Perhaps we'll cross paths in TX someday and our Kaz kids will have a chance to meet!

Best,
Maureen

Dean and Janie said...

Congratulations! May your 45 day wait period go by quickly!
Our Little girl from Karaganda comes home in less than 48 hours!
I know how you feel!

Thinking of you!

The Holland Family

Looking for Sam

This is a blog of my quest to adopt a child from Kazakhstan. Enjoy!